According to the China Daily 2013, "Talent acquisition is the No. 1 challenge for many Chinese companies in the United States."
"When presented with a list of five potential challenges and asked to indicate if the item was a major challenge, a minor challenge or not a challenge, nearly all business leaders (92%) agree that overcoming the cultural differences in the way business is done was a challenge for their company. In fact, nearly half (45%) say that cultural differences presented a major challenge to their company's market entry."~2013 Chinese Enterprises in the United States, China Daily
Additional Challenges Companies Face:
- Bridging "The Culture Gap"
- Satisfying and retaining U.S. customers; competing with strong U.S. companies
- Following different accounting standards and procedures
- Complying with U.S. laws and regulations
- Building cooperative relationships in local communities
- Understanding reasons for communication breakdowns
- Training, managing, motivating and retaining employees
- Building a culturally intelligent hybrid corporate culture in mergers/acquisitions