JOYCE MILLET is an international marketing consultant and cross-cultural training professional with more than twenty five years experience in assisting global companies understand the importance of being culturally savvy.
Ms. Millet worked in Asia for ten years and has worked for both Asian and American companies, including the Mitsui Bussan-General Electric, Sumitomo Bank, Club Corporation of Asia, The International Pacific Institute, the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, Protocol Professionals, Inc., International Capital Investments.
Ms. Millet has a B.S. Degree in Political Science from the University of Utah, and a MBA Degree in International Business from Golden Gate University, San Francisco. She was awarded the "Key to the City" of Osaka, Seoul and Taipei for outstanding efforts in promoting international understanding in the United States and Pacific Rim. Words of Praise
Ms. Millet has been interviewed by various publications including the Asahi Newspaper, Fuji Evening News, San Francisco Business.
Joyce Millet also specializes in assisting organizations plan memorable events.
Special Event Highlights
Presentations & Keynote Speaking - Highlights
- "Cross-cultural Communication Challenges and Strategies", Chinese Consulate General, San Francisco
- Young Diplomats Club of SF - Training/presentation: "The Chinese Table", an introduction to Chinese culture, food, and dining etiquette
- WISE - "The Road to Beijing" (based on experiences assisting the United States Olympic Committee prepare for Beijing 2008 Olympics)
- Rotary Club of Osaka, "Challenges for International Business Women in Japan" (in Japanese)
- Rotary Clubs of San Carlos and San Mateo, California, "Cross- cultural Training - A Formula for Success"
- Yuri International, Tokyo, "A Failure to Communicate"
- Executive Business Network Annual Retreat, Keynote Address, "Destination--Japan"
- Sausalito Chamber of Commerce, "The Ultimate Website - Aesthetic Design and Cultural Savvy"
(past & present)
- CEA (Chinese Enterprise Association)
- SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research)
- San Francisco - Osaka Sister City Association
- Japan Society of Northern California
- World Affairs Council of Northern California
- Commonwealth Club of San Francisco
- National Maritime Museum Association
- Japan-America Society of Kansai
- Japan British Association
- National Association for Female Executives
- Osaka Chamber of Commerce
- Japan-American Society of Washington
- World Trade Club of Seattle
- Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan
- Kansai Keizei Doyukai
- The Kobe Club