IMPORTANCE OF DEVELOPING CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE
Globalization has created unlimited, unprecedented business opportunities around the world, but at the same time business has become more complex, dynamic, and competitive. On the other hand, underestimating the impact culture has on business can lead to misunderstandings, communication breakdown, missed opportunities and loss of reputation.
Cultural Savvy assists clients develop practical learning solutions focusing on developing global leadership, building and managing effective global teams, working effectively across cultures, creating an inclusive workplace environment, preparing expats for global assignments.
Increasingly, success comes from mastering the ability to work effectively in different cultural contexts. Companies with a high degree of cultural intelligence and sensitivity have the ability to manage and leverage cultural differences to build successful collaborations and achieve a competitive advantage.
Multicultural global teams play a significant role in the success of global companies and must be well equipped to work and navigate across cultures. Today the default mode is virtual. While technologies have made global virtual communication much easier, cultural differences and approaches to business often get in the way.
While it is not always easy to quantify the ROI on intercultural competence, there are clearly costs associated with the lack of such competence: disengagement and loss of motivation: different expectations that can lead to confrontation and conflict; quality and service issues; breakdown in communication; risk of lost business and reputation.
However, clients tell us that effective learning solutions and employee development has increased job satisfaction and productivity plus employees have a greater commitment to their job and the company. It is an investment that can pay big dividends.
BENEFITS OF CROSS-CULTURAL LEARNING SOLUTIONS
- Culturally intelligent employees are more effective and productive
- Training reduces incidents of cultural shock for employees & families
- Culturally competent employees are more effective in leadership roles and managing multicultural teams
- Cultural sensitivity is the key to building successful relationships
- Training is an effective way to minimize breakdowns in communication, costly misunderstandings and business blunders. While the cost to a company when communication breakdowns occur might be difficult to calculate, it is clear that the cost of providing effective training solutions is minor by comparison.
- Culturally competent employees are valuable company ambassadors
- Cross-cultural training is an investment that will pay long-term dividends
- Companies providing cross-cultural learning solutions have a competitive advantage over their competition