IMPORTANCE OF DEVELOPING CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE
Globalization has created unlimited, unprecedented business opportunities around the world, but at the same time business has become more complex, dynamic, and competitive.
Increasingly, success comes from mastering the ability to work effectively in different cultural contexts. Companies with a high degree of cultural intelligence have the ability to manage and leverage cultural differences to build successful collaborations and achieve a competitive advantage.
On the other hand, underestimating the impact culture has on business can lead to misunderstandings, communication breakdown, missed opportunities and loss of reputation.
While it is not always easy to quantify the ROI on intercultural competence, there are clearly costs associated with the lack of such competence: disengagement and loss of motivation: different expectations that can lead to confrontation and conflict; quality and service issues; breakdown in communication; risk of lost business and reputation.
However, clients tell us that effective training and employee development has increased job satisfaction and productivity plus employees have a greater commitment to their job and the company. It is an investment that can pay big dividents.
BENEFITS OF CROSS-CULTURAL LEARNING SOLUTIONS
- Culturally intelligent employees are more effective and productive
- Training reduces incidents of cultural shock for employees & families
- Culturally competent employees are more effective in leadership roles and managing multicultural teams
- Cultural sensitivity is the key to building successful relationships
- Training is an effective way to minimize breakdowns in communication, costly misunderstandings and business blunders. While the cost to a company when communication breakdowns occur might be difficult to calculate, it is clear that the cost of providing effective training solutions is minor by comparison.
- Culturally competent employees are valuable company ambassadors
- Cross-cultural training is an investment that will pay long-term dividends
- Companies providing cross-cultural learning solutions have a competitive advantage over their competition
CONTACT US to discuss how our training, consulting, and coaching services can help your company become culturally savvy.